Combating dry scalp is a major concern, in all weathers but especially in winters. Actually this is an issue faced by almost everyone, at least once in life time. However, having said so, it is not imperial that remedies mentioned for dry scalp are only for those who go through mental strain and end up in the condition of itchy and flaky scalp.
Top Three Home Remedies for Dry Scalp:
Below are three of the best, tested and result oriented remedies for the dry and flaky scalp. Nevertheless, itchy and dry skin of other parts of the body can also be treated by these home treatments. With the help of these remedies, you will be certainly two results: smooth and shiny hair without dandruff; and second is the usage of natural products leaving behind nothing like after effects. Therefore, these can be used without going into much assurance of the effects on the later part.
Remedy 1: Scalp Massages:
One of the best remedies which have been practiced since ages is related to massage. Massaging the scalp before taking shower or shampooing hair counts a lot. The question which may come in your mind is why. Well, the answer to it is simple: coconut, almond, olive or any other sort of organic oil moisturizes skin. Gives vitality and makes it stronger, removes flakes as well as dandruff.
Having said so, the key feature of shampooing after massage in the following manner, gives a complete guide.
Steps to follow for massaging scalp are:
- Take two tablespoons of oil of your choice. Amount however depends on the length and thickness of hair.
- Heat it in microwave for 20 seconds. You will feel the warmth, not the hotness though.
- With the help of index and middle finger, take some oil and rub on a portion of scalp. Make sure that each and every portion of the head or scalp is covered with oil.
- Massage it thoroughly. Take five to six minutes to ensure that the oil has reached depth of scalp.
- Shampoo and use conditioner if necessary.
- Repeat every time before shampooing your hair.
Remedy 2: Hair Masks for Dry Scalp:
Hair masks are in trend for multiple reasons. There are many which come in the form of product by a brand; as a treatment for dry and itchy, scaly scalp. Hair masks are the second main way of taking care of hair as well as scalp. Following the steps mentioned below, you are probable of the situation where you can get rid of dry scalp in less than a week.
- Take a teaspoon of coconut oil, mix it well with one tablespoon of yogurt and one egg white.
- Blend or mix it with the help of a fork.
- Massage thoroughly ensuring that each and every part of the hair and scalp is covered.
- Wear a shower cap and let it rest in your hair for half an hour.
- Then rinse it off, use shampoo and conditioner to remove smell of yogurt and egg.
- Repeat once in two days, with an interval of a day in between.
Remedy 3: Detoxifying and Natural Shampoos:
Last but not the least, detoxing hair and scalp is necessary for patchy and dry skin of the head. Below are the steps you need to follow in order to get rid of dry scalp:
- Tea tree oil helps significantly in the smoothening and shiny hair with no dry skin. For that, you have to take one teaspoon of tea tree oil and mix it with shampoo. Shampoo as naturally done. Wash and dry.
- Repeat thrice in a week.
Three best remedies for dry scalp must have given some ideas to work on and try with the assurance of getting positive results.