Want to know how many steps per mile? Approximately, per mile contains 2,000 to 2,500 walking steps but 50% it varies on the step length. Have a look on below mentioned average steps per mile ratio of walk and running speeds:
- If you walk for 20 minutes per mile with the speed of 3 miles per hour, then you cover the 2250 steps per mile.
- When you do walk for 15 minutes per mile with the speed of 4 miles per hour it means you cover the 1950 steps per mile.
- If you have started Running 12 minutes per mile with the speed of 5 miles per hour, then you will cover the 1950 steps per mile.
- When you do running 10 minutes per mile with the speed of 6 miles per hour will help you to cover the 1700 steps per mile.
- You will cover 1400 steps per mile if you run 8 minutes per mile with the speed of 7.5 miles per hour.
Estimation of step Per Mile according to Height;
According to the recent research step, Per Mile is 50 % based on the Height. Have a look on the below mentioned rough estimation of steps per mile according to height:
- If your height is 4 feet 10 inches, then you will cover 2,601 steps per mile.
- In the case of 5 feet 1 inch. Your covered steps per mile will be 2,473 steps.
- 5 feet 5 inches heightened person will cover 2,321 steps per mile.
- 5 feet 10 inches’ person will cover 2,155 steps.
- 6 feet person will cover 2,095 steps per mile.
- 6 feet 1-inch person will cover 2,067 steps per mile.
- 6 feet 3 inches’ person will cover 2,011 steps per mile.
- 6 feet 4 inches will cover 1,985 steps per mile
Walk and steps per mile ratio;
By walking you can easily put off your weight and the best thing is you can easily do it around the office, class any park easily. Before starting walk, you should set a goal on how many steps you have to cover per day. Goals will help you to easily cover the fix steps per mile.
Simple formula to calculate the steps per mile ratio;
If you want to measure the exact steps, then use the below-mentioned method. Although, it is not much accurate but gives you the rough approximation.
- First of all, you need to convert Your Height To Inches. For example, if you are 5’3”, then use the formula for conversation. 5 feet x 12 inches + 3 inches = 63 inches.)
- Once you are done with the above step, now it’s time to identify Your Average Stride Length.
You just need to multiply your height in inches by 0.413 to figure out the average stride length.
- In the next step, you need to find Walking Steps in A Mile. For this purpose, you need to divide 5,280 by your average stride length in feet.
To conclude, above mentioned details are based on approximation. If you want to measure the personal steps per mile accurately then, you should use the scale. Because everyone stride length is totally different and it totally depends on many things, for example, you are doing walking or running? You are doing running or walk on hills, trails or street?