Home remedies are important for various reasons; starting from saving energy, time and money to the point where it is not related to chemicals. It gives an inbound effect to health concerns and much importantly effective means of treating oneself. Here in this article we are going to discuss runny nose remedy. Having said so, you must focus on the point that even one remedy can do wonders in both, elders and children – individuals of all age.
Runny Nose Remedy for All Ages:
When it comes to treatment, we have many options. These choices are imperial to understand before making a decision as to how to look into the effects which may appear afterwards and so on. Treatments can be done through over the counter medicines, nasal treatments or even minor operations where physicians make a small cut to stop dripping of water from nose. Having said so you must know degree of risk one may go into if the diagnosis is made wrong. Also, in addition to it, if one goes for operation or even over the counter medicines, he must know the effects in the body.
Over the counter medicines are readily available for which you have to go to the nearest drug store. However, when it comes to home remedies, one of the largest way of treating health worries, it is best to rely on home items which are available in the kitchen.
Following are some of the best remedies one may try which are tested and approved by many people.
- Salt Water for Runny Nose Remedy:
Compounds and mixtures which causes runny nose are many. These toxins are better to flush out through nose. Saline water or salt water helps in making mucus thinner so that it can easily pass out through nose.
For the betterment and earliest recovery one must follow steps given below:
- Take two cups of warm water in a bowl.
- Add one and a half teaspoon of table salt in it.
- Mix well.
- Tilt your head backwards and with the help of dropper, drop few droplets in each nostril. Making sure that drops have reached the bone of the nose.
- Inhale slowly so that it can reach all the way to the nasal passage.
- Then blow out the excess solution and mucus.
- Repeat it two to three times in a day till you start feeling better.
- Mustard Oil for Runny Nose:
Benefits of mustard oil are many; including its potential of providing antiseptic, antihistamine and antiviral qualities.
- Bring mustard oil to a relatively warmer temperature. Not too hot though.
- With the help of a dropper put one drop in each nostril.
- Repeat it thrice in a day if the condition is worst. Otherwise, once in a day should do justice to the treatment
- Garlic as Runny Nose Remedy:
Garlic is taken as a herb and it consists of very high potency antibacterial and antiseptic characteristics. It is therefore, one of the best remedies for runny nose. Garlic soup turns out really good when it comes to home remedies for runny nose.
- Bring one cup of water to boil after adding three cloves of garlic.
- Let it boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add one teaspoon of sugar, strain it in a cup and drink it slowly.
- Repeat once in a day, preferably at night before going to bed.
All in all these three remedies are the best ones which is why we have shared nothing staunch but these with you.